Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Karma of Cardmaking

Hello, Crafty Friends:

"Tell yourself the truth sooner," a friend reminded me long ago. Case in point, my commitment to blogging. Guess I do not have one. What I do have is a desire to connect with like-minded people in the world to say "me too!" Is it grandstanding to want to share something beautiful you created? Maybe. If it is ego, I say it is the good kind, the pride of achievement. Digging a little deeper, there has to be some measure of exhibitionist in anyone who ever wrote a blog or got up in front of people to share a thing or idea. We are not supposed to hide our light under a bushel. What would be the point if indeed we are One? Hmmm... would Jesus have a blog? Heck, if the medium is the message, he'd probably have a cable show, a podcast and be on Facebook live! Haha. 

But back to stamping and card making ... I am a busy girl with two jobs and a house full of people coming in two days for a holiday party. I need to be cleaning and getting dressed for the noon prayer service. Instead I am writing. Ugh. Procrastination! Anything to avoid cleaning the house, aka putting away my art supplies in order to reclaim the dining room table. 

While procrastinating (checking my email and enjoying Jennifer McGuire's latest video on Crafty Things), I realized I had not posted my own creations in forever.  We established I am worthless as a blogger. But I still want anyone who cares to know I am a real cardmaker/crafter. I try to keep photos of the cards I make. Too often, however, I am in a huge hurry to get the darn thing to the post office. Half the time I forget--doy! Oh well. Sometimes you have to be happy with a personal knowing that you did good, made a card someone will receive and that they, if no one else, will know you care. Every act is karmic. Never doubt that. 

Speaking of karma, have you come across people who do not appreciate your cards? Thankfully, they are few. Of course, they can't help it. They know not what they do. But once I discern someone not to be card-worthy they are simply will not get another. The exception is my son. I am convinced one day he will appreciate my cards. I call that Faith. 

It was good to see my old blog still here waiting for posts. Below are some cards I did instead of blogging. More to come, so keep watching this space.

Have a wonderful winter season, whatever holiday you celebrate! Chanukah sameach! Merry Christmas! Happy Kwanza! Festivus for the rest of us! Most of all, enjoy making cards for what and whom you love. LOL, we can talk about sending them or not next time.

Blessings and blue skies, 
Lesley































No comments:

Post a Comment